Why start a handyman business?There are many reasons why starting a handyman business may be right for you. These may include:
- Low start-up costs.
- Relatively simple to start.
- Ability to be your own boss.
- Doing something you enjoy.
- High customer demand.
- Ability to start-up and do part-time.
- Organizing a handyman business takes a small investment of time and resources.
- Home repair is a large and growing market.
- In the United States alone, nearly 75% of homes are over 20 years of age. This older housing stock is in need of repairs and renovations.
- By some estimates the average home buyer invests over $8,000 in improvement to their new home within the first year of ownership.
- People are busier then ever. Homeowners don’t have the time or the time they do have they would rather be doing something other than home repairs.
- This is a high growth industry. There is no such thing as a recession proof business. However, everyone has to live somewhere and let’s face it, things around the house (or apartment) sometimes break and need to be maintained.
- Real estate agents and property managers need reliable professionals to help get homes ready to sell or rent.
Invest in yourself and your own business and purchase the guide today.